Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brandon Armoury / 26th Field Regiment Museum (1116 Victoria Avenue, Brandon)
The three-storey brick Brandon Armoury was built in 1907 on a design by Brandon architect Thomas Sinclair, and an addition was made in 1937. Over the years, it has housed the Royal North West Mounted Police, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, 99th Manitoba Rangers, XII Manitoba Dragoon, and 26th Field Artillery Regiment. A museum, archives and library on the first floor has been open to the public since 1979.
Contact the museum at 204-717-4579 or 2612Museum@gmail.com.
Postcard view of the Brandon Armoury (no date)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough, 2016-0083
Brandon Armoury (April 2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.84389, W99.93861
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Thomas Sinclair (1877-1913)
XII Manitoba Dragoon and 26th Field Regiment Museum
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 4 July 2016
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.