Manitoba Communities: Brandon (City)
The site for Brandon was selected in 1881 with the arrival of the Canadian Pacific Railway, taking its name from the fur trade post of Brandon House. The municipality was incorporated directly as a City.
Search the MHS collection of biographies for ones connected to Brandon:
Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.
We thank Sandy Jasper for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 24 September 2017Back to top of page