Historic Sites of Manitoba: Emerson School No. 27 (Emerson, Municipality of Emerson-Franklin)
The Emerson School District was established formally in July 1875 in Emerson. In 1959, it was consolidated with Aux Marais School No. 55, Dufferin School No. 82, Manchester School No. 251, Middleville School No. 295, and Post Road School No. 1280 to form Emerson Consolidated School No. 2365. In 1967, it joined the Boundary School Division.
Photos & Maps
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
“Emerson, Man,” Western Canada Fire Underwriters’ Association map, March 1912, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 June 2019
Back to top of page