West Lynne School opened at this site near Emerson, in what is now the Municipality of Emerson-Franklin, in October 1880 and closed in 1939.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: West Lynne Town Site (Emerson, Municipality of Emerson-Franklin)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: East Lynne School No. 1180 (Municipality of Boissevain-Morton)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
“History of West Lynne School - S.D. No. 459 (1880-1939)” by Lillian Florkosky Empson, Rural School Reunion, July 1994: Aux Marais, Dufferin, Manchester, Post Road, Stockport, West Lynne by the School Reunion Committee, 1994, 29 pages.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 January 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.