Manitoba Heritage Summit 2022

MHS Smarty Party: 20 October 2022

Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Manitoba Business: T. Eaton Company

This retail store chain was established in Ontario by Timothy Eaton. He opened a store at Winnipeg in 1905 and it served as the flagship for the prairies for the next several decades. Catalogue sales were managed from an adjacent building. Among the items sold from the catalogue were plans for buildings such as residences, schoolhouses, and barns.

See also:

Manitoba Business: T. Eaton Company

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Department Store (345 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Power House Building (260 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Mail Order and Catalogue Building / City Place Building (333 St. Mary Avenue, Winnipeg)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Timothy Eaton Statue (345 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Employee War Memorial (345 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Printing Plant and Warehouse (130 Galt Avenue, Winnipeg)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ramsay-Wright Building / Eaton’s Department Store (Main Street North, Dauphin)

Manitoba Organization: Eaton Curling Club

A Store Like No Other: Eaton’s of Winnipeg by Russ Gourluck, Winnipeg: Great Plains Publications, 2004.

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 6 July 2019

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.