Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morris School No. 29 (157 Lucinda Street, Morris)
The Morris School District was formally established in March 1876 and a school building operated in the Town of Morris. In 1908, a new two-storey school building was designed by Winnipeg architect W. W. Blair and constructed using bricks made by the Morris Brick Manufacturing Company. After the 1950 Red River flood, the school was renovated into a fourplex residential building.
Photos & Coordinates
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 10 May 2020
Back to top of page