Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morris Primary School (159 Main Street South, Morris)
The Morris Primary School, known locally as the West Unit, was constructed in 1935. It became part of the Morris Consolidated School District No. 2421 in 1963, joining the Morris-Macdonald School Division in 1969.
Photos & Maps
Morris Primary School (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 732.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.35310, W97.36497
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morris School No. 29 (157 Lucinda Street, Morris)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morris Consolidated School (Rebecca Street, Morris)
Manitoba Organization: Morris-Macdonald School Division School District No. 19
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Ralph Groening for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 6 August 2015
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.