Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morris Consolidated School (Rebecca Street, Morris)
The Morris School District was formally established in March 1876 and a school building operated in the Town of Morris. In 1908, a new school building was designed by Winnipeg architect W. W. Blair. After the 1950 Red River flood, the school was renovated into a fourplex residential building.
Among the teachers of Morris Consolidated School were Doris Penstock (1952-1954).
Photos & Maps
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Ralph Groening and Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 4 March 2017