Built in 1884 by Gossil and Dykeman on a design by Winnipeg architect C. O. Wickenden, this two-storey brick structure in Neepawa was used for the county court, jail, municipal offices and a theatre. A commemorative plaque on the grounds was erected by the Historic Sites Advisory Board of Manitoba and the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada (1980). This is a provincially-designated historic site. A monument on the front lawn commemorates local war veterans.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Plaques for Persons, Events and Sites of National Historic Significance
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Provincially Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brandon Court House (1104 Princess Avenue, Brandon)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dauphin Law Courts Building (River Avenue West, Dauphin)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Minnedosa Court House (70 Third Avenue SW, Minnedosa)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morden Court House and Gaol (Wardrop Street, Morden)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Neepawa War Memorial (282 Hamilton Street, Neepawa)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sam Waller Museum / The Pas Community Building and Court House (306 Fischer Avenue, The Pas)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Winnipeg Law Courts (Broadway and Kennedy Street, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Beautiful Plains Archives (Neepawa)
The Early Court Houses of Manitoba by R. R. Rostecki, Parks Canada Manuscript Report No. 285, 1977. [Copy at Legislative Library of Manitoba, RBC FC3362 Ros]
Beautiful Plains County Court Building, 282 Hamilton Street, Neepawa. Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 15 August 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.