In 1908, the Town of Minnedosa became the headquarters of the North-West Judicial District and, over the next two years, an impressive two-storey brick and stone building was erected at the corner of First Street and Third Avenue. Designed by provincial architect Samuel Hooper and constructed by Charles Jeffrey of Portage la Prairie, it housed a jail, courtrooms, and clerk’s office.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Beautiful Plains County Court House (282 Hamilton Street, Neepawa)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brandon Court House (1104 Princess Avenue, Brandon)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dauphin Law Courts Building (River Avenue West, Dauphin)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morden Court House and Gaol (Wardrop Street, Morden)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sam Waller Museum / The Pas Community Building and Court House (306 Fischer Avenue, The Pas)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Winnipeg Law Courts (Broadway and Kennedy Street, Winnipeg)
The Early Court Houses of Manitoba by R. R. Rostecki, Parks Canada Manuscript Report No. 285, 1977. [Copy at Legislative Library of Manitoba, RBC FC3362 Ros]
A History of Minnedosa, 1878-1948 compiled by the Minnedosa Women’s Institute, 1948.
We thank George Penner for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 28 May 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.