Historic Sites of Manitoba: Neepawa Collegiate Institute / Viscount School (213 Mountain Avenue, Neepawa)
A one-storey brick building at this site in Neepawa was constructed in 1928 on a design by Winnipeg architect J. H. G. Russell. Senior students from the Neepawa Central School transferred to the newly opened Neepawa Collegiate Institute. In 1958, a new collegiate was constructed and this school was renamed Viscount School. The building was demolished in 1985 and offices of the Beautiful Plains School Division were constructed here.
Principals (Neepawa Collegiate Institute)
Photos & Coordinates
“Tenders,” Manitoba Free Press, 27 February 1928, page 22.
“Reunion committee thinking big,” Neepawa Banner, 19 May 1997, page 12.
“Viscount Cultural Council fills a niche,” Neepawa Banner, 11 July 2008, page B6.
“Schools celebrate milestones,” Neepawa Banner, 11 July 2008, page B8.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 July 2019
Back to top of page