The Travellers Block was erected on Bannatyne Avenue in 1907 as headquarters for the North West Commercial Travellers’ Association. Architects Darling and Pearson provided many amenities such as meeting rooms, lounges, and even a Turkish bath in this municipally-designated historic site. A plaque is mounted on the southeast corner of the Gault Building.
Travellers’ Block (September 2015)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Travellers’ Block commemorative plaque (2009)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.89835, W97.14112
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Inglis Building / North West Commercial Travellers’ Association Building (291 Garry Street, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Travellers Building (283 Bannatyne Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, 1979.
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 8 January 2020
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.