The stone walls of this former residence along River Road in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews was built between 1855 and 1856 for HBC employee William Scott. It replaced an original Red River frame log house. Made from locally-quarried limestone, this was a typical small farmhouse in the period. Outbuildings included a summer kitchen, outhouse, storehouse, granary, stable, and barn. It is now part of the River Road Provincial Heritage Park.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Scott House (205 Eaton, Selkirk)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Scott House (Municipality of Glenella-Lansdowne)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Scott House (29 Ruskin Row, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Scott House (266 River Road, RM of St. Andrews)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Margaret Scott Nursing Mission (99 George Street, Winnipeg)
This page was prepared by Eric De Schepper, Rose Kuzina, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 14 November 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.