Historic Sites of Manitoba: Jordan School / Plumas School No. 88 (Plumas, Municipality of WestLake-Gladstone)
Known originally as the Jordan School District when it was organized in March 1880, it became Plumas Consolidated School No. 88 in 1917. The Plumas School operated at Plumas in what is now Municipality of WestLake-Gladstone.
Photos & Coordinates
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Henry Esau for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 8 March 2021