This monument in commemoration of Chief Peguis was erected in 1923 by the Lord Selkirk Association of Rupert’s Land.
Chief Peguis Monument (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Location (lat/long): N49.94404, W97.10469
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Chief Peguis Trail, Peguis’ Totem and Chief Peguis Plaques (Winnipeg)
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
Information for this page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 February 2012
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.