Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 140 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Endangered Top 10
Endangered
Top 10
2019

Jens Munk at Churchill
Field Trip:
Churchill
2020

Manitoba History No. 90
Manitoba
History

No. 90

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Manitoba Organization: Motor Country Club

From 1913 to 1962, member of the Winnipeg Automobile Club leased Lower Fort Garry and operated it as the Motor Country Club.

Presidents

Period

President

1913-1917

William Ernest Wright (1874-?)

1917-?

Frederick John Charles “Fred” Cox (1860-1939)

?-?

John Taylor Webb (1869-1952)

?-?

Fred James Manning (1885-1966)

1944-1945

Edwin Loftus (1868-1948)

1945-?

?

1949-1951

A. W. Moscarella

1951-?

?

?-1960

David Alexander Bruce Murray (1891-1970)

1960-?

George Edward Sharpe (1908-1985)

Sources:

“A. W. Moscarella again President of Motor Club,” Winnipeg Free Press, 7 February 1950, page 14.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 31 March 2017

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2019 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.