Major General James Wolfe (1727-1759) led the British forces and died in taking Quebec at the first Battle of the Plains of Abraham on 13 September 1759. Effective rule over Canada from France was thus ended and the cessation of Canada to Great Britain was completed in 1763. This statue is mounted on the west side of the Legislative Building, facing Osborne Street.
Wolfe Monument (2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.88440, W97.14716
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: General Wolfe School (Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Legislative Building
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 13 October 2014
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.