Built in 1925 in the Tuxedo area of Winnipeg, the first owner of this house was William A. Smith, Vice-President of the Winnipeg Piano Company, the local Steinway dealer. The house, designed by G. W. Northwood, was built by Thomas Sharpe, a former mayor of Winnipeg (1904-1906).
Historical Tours in Manitoba: History and Walking Tour of Tuxedo
Memorable Manitobans: Thomas Sharpe (1866-1929)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Smith House (1036 Louise Avenue, Brandon)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Smith House (322 Eveline Street, Selkirk)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Smith House (119 West Gate, Winnipeg)
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 May 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.