Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Smith House (119 West Gate, Winnipeg)

This two-storey structure in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was designed by local architect J. H. G. Russell and built in 1909 for Sidney T. Smith.

Smith House

Smith House (April 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87607, W97.15687
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Sidney Thomas Smith (1878-1947)

Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Smith House (1036 Louise Avenue, Brandon)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Smith House (322 Eveline Street, Selkirk)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Smith House (111 Park Boulevard, Winnipeg)

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 20 May 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.