Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dominion Post Office Building (341 Mountain Avenue, Neepawa)

Link to:
Postmasters | Photos & Coordinates | Sources

This two-storey brick building on Mountain Avenue in Neepawa was built in 1909. It housed the local customs office until 1921 and the post office until 1971.

Postmasters

Period

Postmasters

1882-1885

Jonathan Joseph Hamilton (1850-1928)

1885-1889

Alfred Dalton

1889-1897

John James McFadden (1856-1927)

1897-1905

W. F. Young

1905-1912

Edward John Harris (1862-?)

1912-1930

William Wiamore

1930-1959

George Stephen Blackwell

1959-1964

W. E. Davidson

1964-1967

A. J. Willis

1967-1978

J. M. Barker

1978-1979

L. Buchanan

1979-1981

T. McIntosh

Photos & Coordinates

Dominion Post Office Building at Neepawa

Dominion Post Office Building at Neepawa (June 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Location (lat/long): N50.23138, W99.46588
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Post Offices and Postmasters, Library and Archives Canada.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 24 October 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.