Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hillcrest School No. 1559 (Municipality of Roblin)
The Hillcrest School District was established in February 1911 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW21-28-28W in what is now the Municipality of Roblin. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Goose Lake Consolidated School District and later the Intermountain School Division. Around 1969, the school building was moved to Roblin where, as of August 2019, it was still standing on the grounds of St. Vladimir’s College.
Among the teachers of Hillcrest School was Peter Bugera.
Angling Lakes West topographic map, 62N/6 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Fifty Steps Forward - The 50th Anniversary of St. Vladimir’s College, 1991, page 222.
Page revised: 5 August 2019
Back to top of page