Historic Sites of Manitoba: Grimsby School No. 1993 (RM of Rhineland)
The Grimsby School District was established in February 1920. A one-room schoolhouse operated at SW24-2-3W in the Rural Municipality of Rhineland. In 1970, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Plum Coulee Consolidated School District and later the Rhineland School Division.
Among the teachers who worked at Grimsby School through the years was Gus Pokrant.
Altona West topographic map, 62H/4 West, Edition 1 ASE, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 February 2018
Back to top of page