Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eastdale School No. 1640 (RM of Springfield)
The Eastdale School District was organized in October 1912 and a one-classroom schoolhouse, purchased from the Klondyke School District, operated at NE28-11-7E in the Rural Municipality of Springfield. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area was divided between the Hazelridge Consolidated School District and the Anola Consolidated School District, and later the Transcona-Springfield School Division.
Among the teachers who worked at Eastdale School was Peter M. Luba (1941-1942).
Dugald East topographic map, 62H/15, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 December 2018
Back to top of page