Historic Sites of Manitoba: Klondyke School No. 1139 (RM of Springfield)
The Klondyke School District was established formally in July 1901 and a schoolhouse was built 400 yards west from the northeast corner of northeast quarter-section 36-11-6 East of the Principal Meridian in the Rural Municipality of Springfield. In July 1912, the district was consolidated into the Hazelridge School and the catchment area divided between the adjacent districts. That same year, the school building was purchased and relocated east of the Dale family farmstead where it became Eastdale School.
Among the teachers of Klondyke School were Miss Irving (1902), Miss Christopherson (1904), Miss E. Morrison (1907), Miss Brace (1909), Miss Graham (1911), and Mr. D. Patterson (1912).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Springfield, 1st Rural Municipality in Manitoba, 1873-1973, Dugald Women’s Institute.
School division and school district formation files (E 0027), Klondyke School District No. 1139, GR1688 Archives of Manitoba.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.
Page revised: 25 December 2018
Back to top of page