Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian National Railways Steam Locomotive No. 6043 (Assiniboine Park, Winnipeg)
This locomotive was built in 1929 at Kingston, Ontario by the Canadian Locomotive Works, and was delivered to the Canadian National Railway. On 25 April 1960, CN 6043 ran from The Pas to Winnipeg to make the last scheduled run of steam power on Canadian rails, thus ending the steam-based transportation era. The locomotive’s last run was a special round-trip excursion arranged by the Manitoba Travel and Convention Association between Brandon and Winnipeg, on 22 June 1961. The engine was placed at Assiniboine Park in 1983.
CNR Steam Locomotive No. 6043 (March 2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.86750, W97.22722
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian National Railways Steam Locomotive No. 2747 (Plessis Road, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Winnipeg Railway Museum (123 Main Street, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Prairie Dog Central Railway (Winnipeg)
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 28 January 2016
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.