Historic Sites of Manitoba: Albert Carman Methodist Church / Carman United Church (134 First Street SW, Carman)
Built between 1906 and 1907, Albert Carman Methodist Church, after Bishop Albert Carman (1833-1917) for whom the Town of Carman is named, was designed by Winnipeg architect William Fingland. The stained glass windows were created by Luxfer Prism of Toronto. In 1925, the congregation voted to merge with that of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church but separate services were held until July 1941. It was designated as a Municipal Heritage Site in 1988.
Carman United Church (October 2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Interior of Carman United Church (October 2017)
Source: George Penner
Site Location (lat/long): N49.50399, W98.00335
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (Second Avenue SW, Carman)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Memorial United Church, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
The Rural Municipality of Dufferin, 1880-1980, by the Council of the Rural Municipality of Dufferin, 1982, page 202.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.
Page revised: 4 November 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.