Historic Sites of Manitoba: Blumenfeld School No. 2137 (Blumenfeld, RM of Stanley)
The Blumenfeld School District was established in August 1925 and a one-room schoolhouse operated in Blumenfeld (SE20-1-4W) in the Rural Municipality of Stanley. The district was later dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Stanley School Division.
Among the teachers at Blumenfeld School were Jacob Friesen (1942-1943) and Carl Leo Pokrant (1940-1942).
Altona West topographic map, 62H/4 West, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Margaret Friesen for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 June 2019
Back to top of page