Historic Sites of Manitoba: Angus School No. 1487 (Angusville, RM of Riding Mountain West)
The Angus School District was organized formally in February 1909 and a school building was erected at Angusville in what is now the Rural Municipality of Riding Mountain West. The original building was enlarged and later replaced by the present structure. In 1968, it became part of the Pelly Trail School Division. Closed as of 1979, the building appears vacant.
Among the teachers of Angus School were Albin Lucki (late 1930s), Minnie Karasiewich (1936-1942), and Peter Melnyk (1950s).
Photos & Coordinates
“Six Manitobans are casualties,” Winnipeg Free Press, 9 June 1942, page 1.
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 5 March 2022