Memorable Manitobans: Vernon John “Tim” Clack (1918-2014)
Farmer, heritage advocate.
Born on 30 October 1918, son of English immigrant farmers Charles and Constance Clack, he and his brothers Douglas “Doug” Clack (1917-1993) and Fred Clack (?-1990) began collecting antiques in 1945 that led, in 1983, to establishment of the Clack Family Museum. The facility now comprises some 17 buildings. He died at Hamiota, unmarried, on 13 July 2014 and was buried in the Oak River Cemetery.
1921 Canada census, Ancestry.
“Last of the Clack brothers,” Winnipeg Free Press, 1 October 1995, page D1.
“Curator soon 95, still active in museum,” Rivers Banner, 6 September 2013, page 8.
Obituary, Brandon Sun, July 2014.
We thank Jim Brown for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 5 December 2014