Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Prairie History No. 1
Prairie
History

No. 1

Manitoba Photographers List
Manitoba
Photographers
List

Free Press Manitoba 150
Free Press
Manitoba
150

MHS YouTube Channel
MHS
YouTube
Channel

Manitoba Brick & Blocks
Manitoba
Bricks
& Blocks

Endangered Top 10
Endangered
Top 10
2019

Jens Munk at Churchill
Field Trip:
Churchill
2020

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

Fundraising Dinner 2020
MHS
Fundraising
Dinner
2020

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Manitoba Organization: Lawrence Municipal School District No. 2208

The Lawrence Municipal School District was formed in April 1936 by merging several smaller school districts operating within the Rural Municipality of Lawrence, as follows:

Bluebell School

Cecil School

Coronation School

Dane McCarthy

Edillen School

Freedale School

Horyn School

Janowski School

Magnet School

Methley School

Micawber School

Million School

Moose Bay School

Rorketon School

Toutes Aides School

In 1967, the district became part of Duck Mountain School Division.

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

School District Formation Files [Lawrence Municipal School District No. 2208], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 9 August 2015

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.