Historic Sites of Manitoba: Woodville Cemetery (RM of Wallace-Woodworth)
This cemetery is situated in the Rural Municipality of Wallace-Woodworth. A monument inside its entrance, erected on 4 May 1976, commemorates Woodville Church, built in 1892 and used until 1959, and pioneers of the Woodville district. Two other plaques affixed to the monument in 1994 and 1995, respectively, commemorate Woodville School and Kola School.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
“In the track of the storm,” Manitoba Free Press, 30 August 1900, page 1.
Steel and Grass Roots, 1882-1981: History of Elkhorn by Elkhorn and District Historical Society, pages 81, 87.
A list of burials in this cemetery is available from the Manitoba Genealogical Society, including a searchable online database available to members at the MGS Manitoba Name Index (MANI). Some additional information is contained in the 1996 MGS publication Carved in Stone: Manitoba Cemeteries and Burial Sites, revised edition, Special Projects Publication, 106 pages.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 December 2015
Back to top of page