This pedestrian bridge across the Seine River in Winnipeg commemorates local pioneers Jean Baptiste Lagimodière and Marie Anne Gaboury. Following a land grant by Lord Selkirk in 1817, the couple settled on the west side of the river. The bridge, connecting the river’s eastern bank with the Lagimodiere-Gaboury Historic Park on the western side, was dedicated in September 1979. Two plaques mark the event.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lagimodiere and Gaboury Plaque (Whittier Park, Winnipeg)
Memorable Manitobans: Jean Baptiste Lagimodière (1778-1855)
Memorable Manitobans: Marie Anne Gaboury Lagimodière (1782-1875)
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.
Page revised: 9 October 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.