Historic Sites of Manitoba: Stony Mountain School No. 294 (Stony Mountain, RM of Rockwood)
The Stony Mountain School District was organized in 1884 and a school operated in the village of Stony Mountain in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood. In 1967, it joined the Interlake School Division. The present school building stands on the site of the former school.
Among the other teachers of Stony Mountain School was John Arthur Buchanan (Vice-Principal).
Photos & Maps
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Ross Metcalfe and Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 December 2018
Back to top of page