Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dominion Post Office Building (205 Main Street NW, Roblin, Municipality of Roblin)
A one-storey brick post office building at Roblin, in the Municipality of Roblin, was designed by Charles D. Sutherland (1879-1957), Chief Architect for the Department of Public Works at Ottawa. It was constructed in two parts, with the eastern part built between 1936 and 1937 by contractor John George Hartmier at a cost of about $10,400, and the western part in 1955.
Photos & Coordinates
“In the week’s news,” Russell Banner, 26 November 1936, page 1.
Death registration [Archibald W. Forfar], Manitoba Vital Statistics.
Post Offices and Postmasters, Library and Archives Canada.
Obituaries and burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada, 1800-1950 by Robert G. Hill, Toronto.
We thank Jordan Makichuk for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 23 March 2023