Historic Sites of Manitoba: Molloy School No. 1849 (RM of Morris)
The Molloy School District was established formally in November 1916, named for J. P. Molloy who farmed in the area. As of 1918, a school building operated at SE14-5-2E in the Rural Municipality of Morris. The school closed in 1945 and the building was sold to the newly-established Crystal Spring Colony around 1955. The district was consolidated with Morris School and later became became part of the Morris-Macdonald School Division.
Among the teachers who worked at Molloy School were Charles Stevenson, Gertrude Stanley, Miss Zilkie, Yvonne Desaulnier, Denise Gratton, Mrs. F. Berard, Helen O’Neil, Miss Labossiere, Lillian St. Jacques, and Jacob Suderman.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Furrows in the Valley: A History of the Municipality and its People compiled by the Morris History Book Committee, edited by Lenore Eidse, 1980., page 294.
Aerial photograph A7574-60 , Manitoba Air Photo Library.
We thank Mariette Allen and Ian Kleinsasser for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 October 2018
Back to top of page