This two-storey brick building on Hamilton Street in Neepawa was constructed in 1898 for veterinarian George Albert McKenzie (1861-1909). He used the first floor as a horse hospital and the second floor as a residence for his family. It is presently (2020) used as a physiotherapy and wellness centre.
Memorable Manitobans: Alexander Fleming “Dick” McKenzie (1890-1970)
1901 Canada census, Automated Genealogy.
Death registration [George Albert McKenzie], Manitoba Vital Statistics.
Neepawa Heritage, 1983, pages 630-631.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 5 September 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.