The Maffam School District was established formally in February 1892 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at this site in the Rural Municipality of Sifton until October 1919. At that time, its catchment area became part of the Deleau Consolidated School District. A metal commemorative sign remains at the site.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Deleau School No. 785 (Deleau, RM of Sifton)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Neil Christoffersen and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 April 2018
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.