Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Searle Grain Elevator / Federal Grain Elevator (Lower Fort Garry, RM of St. Andrews)

A wooden grain elevator near Lower Fort Garry, on the CPR Winnipeg Beach Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews, was built in 1940 by Searle Grain. Sold to Federal Grain in 1966, the facility was closed in 1971 and later removed from the site.

Aerial view of Searle Grain Elevator near Lower Fort Garry

Aerial view of Searle Grain Elevator near Lower Fort Garry (no date)
Source: Erik Horne

Site Location (lat/long): N50.11408, W96.93278
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

We thank Erik Horne for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 12 May 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.