A concrete beam bridge over Clubb Creek (named for the family of W. R. Clubb who lived nearby) in the Rural Municipality of Montcalm was built in 1924 by the Winnipeg-based William Newman & Company, using Plan 1061, at a cost of $5,848. Formerly part of Provincial Trunk Highway 14, the bridge now stands abandoned in an agricultural field.
Memorable Manitobans: William Newman (1866-1952)
Memorable Manitobans: William Reid Clubb (1884-1962)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Concrete Culvert Bridge No. 1063 (RM of Montcalm)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Concrete Culvert Bridge No. 1064 (RM of Montcalm)
Manitoba historic bridges inventory book (1920s), copy in possession of Gordon Goldsborough on loan from David Ennis.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 June 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.