A concrete culvert bridge over a small unnamed creek in the Rural Municipality of Montcalm was built in 1924 by the Winnipeg-based William Newman & Company, using Plan 1063, at a cost of $1,321. Formerly part of Provincial Trunk Highway 14, the bridge now stands abandoned between a local road and a railway track.
Memorable Manitobans: William Newman (1866-1952)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Concrete Beam Bridge No. 1061 (Clubb Coulee, RM of Montcalm)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Concrete Culvert Bridge No. 1064 (RM of Montcalm)
Manitoba historic bridges inventory book (1920s), copy in possession of Gordon Goldsborough on loan from David Ennis.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 June 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.