Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Concrete Beam Bridge No. 379 (Little Saskatchewan River, RM of Oakview)

A four-span concrete beam bridge over the Little Saskatchewan River in the Rural Municipality of Oakview was built in 1918 by Brandon contractor Edmund Fulcher, using Plan No. 379, at a cost of $9,383. At the time of its construction, the bridge was on a major highway connecting Rapid City and Minnedosa. It was abandoned when the highway was rerouted.

Abandoned concrete beam bridge over the Little Saskatchewan River

Abandoned concrete beam bridge over the Little Saskatchewan River (June 2015)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Abandoned concrete beam bridge over the Little Saskatchewan River

Abandoned concrete beam bridge over the Little Saskatchewan River (June 2015)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.19146, W99.97497
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Edmund Fulcher (c1885-?)

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 7 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.