Historic Sites of Manitoba: Little Creek School No. 2306 (RM of Mountain)
The Little Creek School District was organized formally in August 1946 and a schoolhouse operated at NW8-39-24W in the Rural Municipality of Mountain. The school closed permanently in June 1967 and the district was dissolved later that year. Its catchment area became part of the Swan Valley School Division.
Among the teachers of Little Creek School were Jack Carroll, Geneva Warkola, Lorna Peters (1953-1954), Miss Lila Kemp (four years), Melvin Skulmoski, Tillie Gaboury, Ross McKay (1957-1958), Mrs. Lamb (1960-1962), Miss Joan Larocque (1962-1963), John Bergy Jr. (1963), Mrs. Isabelle Watts (1963-1964), Miss Clemons (1964), and Mrs. Annie Lusty (1964-1966).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
“Looking back,” Swan Valley Star and Times, 18 August 1988, page 6B.
Boots, Buggies & Buses: Swan Valley Schools in Quest of Education, Swan Valley School Division No. 35, circa 1998.
“Past times,” Swan Valley Star and Times, 18 September 2007, page C2.
“Past times,” Swan Valley Star and Times, 27 August 2013, page B2.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 May 2021