Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lennox School No. 317 (Goodlands, Municipality of Brenda-Waskada)
Lennox School No. 317 was established formally in July 1884 and a school building was erected in the village of Goodlands in what is now the Municipality of Brenda-Waskada. In 1965, it became Goodlands Consolidated School No. 2431 when it consolidated with Croydon School No. 823. Three years later, it became part of the Antler River School Division. The school closed in 1976 and remaining students went to Deloraine. The present building is now used as a community centre. A monument was erected beside the former school building at a reunion in July 1985.
Among the other teachers of Lennox School was Richard Nielsen.
Photos & Maps
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Napinka School, Souris Street, Napinka, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 9 February 2018
Back to top of page