Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lake Lorne School No. 1105 (Municipality of Cartwright-Roblin)
Lake Lorne School was established formally in April 1901, and a school building was erected the next year on the southeast quarter of 10-3-15 west of the Principal Meridian in what is now the Municipality of Cartwright-Roblin. It closed in 1966 and remaining students went to Killarney School No. 252 or Cartwright School No. 174. The district was dissolved in 1967. The school building is no longer on the site but a monument erected on 11 July 1982 and metal sign commemorate it.
Lake Lorne School (no date) by W. J. Parr
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 59.
Lake Lorne School monument (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.19645, W99.40498
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lorne School No. 56 (RM of Pembina)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 January 2017
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.