Historic Sites of Manitoba: Kinlough School No. 784 (RM of Macdonald)
This site at NE21-9-2W in the Rural Municipality of Macdonald was the location of Kinlough School. Established formally in September 1893, the district was dissolved in 1909 and the students went to Starbuck Consolidated School No. 1150. In 1930, the former school building was used for a time as a residence by the Ammeter and Trachsel families.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Financial support for research reported on this page was provided by the Manitoba Heritage Grants Program (grant 12F-C101, 2012-2013).
We thank Michele Ammeter for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 April 2020
Back to top of page