Historic Sites of Manitoba: Kinlo School No. 1680 (RM of Macdonald)
This site at NE7-8-2E in the Rural Municipality of Macdonald was the location of Kinlo School. Established formally in May 1913, the school closed in 1938 and henceforth the students went to Domain Consolidated School No. 2342. The school district was dissolved in 1953. The school building is no longer present at the site but a metal sign commemorates it.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Financial support for research reported on this page was provided by the Manitoba Heritage Grants Program (grant 12F-C101, 2012-2013).
We thank Elaine and Monty Magarrell for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 April 2020
Back to top of page