Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lake of the Woods Grain Elevator (Harmsworth, RM of Wallace-Woodworth)
A grain elevator at Harmsworth, on the CPR Rocanville Subdivision in what is now the Rural Municipality of Wallace-Woodworth, was built by W. W. King for the Lake of the Woods Milling Company of Winnipeg in 1910. It was sold to Manitoba Pool Elevators in 1960 and operated by the McAuley Pool Association until it was sold to private interests in 1963. As of early 2016, it is still in use for private grain storage.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Maps
Record of Country Elevator Receipts, Expenses 1922-23 to and including 1955-156, Lake of the Woods Milling Company Limited, University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections, Ogilvie Flour Mills fonds, MSS120-L-128.
We thank Steve Boyko for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 11 September 2016
Back to top of page