Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Grifton School No. 1619 (Grifton, RM of Grandview)

The Grifton School District was established in March 1912 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SE29-27-23W in the Rural Municipality of Grandview. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Grandview Consolidated School District and later the Intermountain School Division. No vestige of the former school building remains at the site.

Grifton School

Grifton School (no date) by H. L. Albright
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 4.

Site Location (lat/long): N51.33302, W100.65154
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Baldy Mountain East topographic map, 62N/7 East, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 4 May 2014

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.