Principals | Vice-Principals | Teachers | Photos & Coordinates | Sources
The Grandview School District was established in March 1893, later becoming Grandview School No. 1065, then in 1967 Grandview Consolidated School No. 2447. It eventually became part of the Intermountain School Division.
Among the other teachers of Grandview School were Margaret Creighton, J. Keith Cooper, and Lionel T. Glaser.
Photos & Maps
Grandview School building (circa 1906)
Source: Education Department Report, 1906, Manitoba Legislative Library.
Postcard view of Grandview School (no date)
Source: Rob McInnes, MN1282
Site Location (lat/long): N51.17558, W100.69675
denoted by symbol on the map above
“Grandview, Man,” Western Canada Fire Underwriters’ Association map, 30 July 1919, Archives of Manitoba.
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Rob McInnes and Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 January 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.