This two-storey residence on Lorne Avenue in Brandon was constructed in 1903 on a design by architect W. H. Shillinglaw for businessman and politician Herbert Clement Graham. He and his family resided there until 1913, at which time it was sold to lawyer A. W. H. Smith. He owned it until 1937. In February 2013, it became a municipally-designated historic site.
Memorable Manitobans: Herbert Clement Graham (1856-1934)
Memorable Manitobans: Archibald William Hunter Smith (1879-1939)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Graham House (137 Scott Street, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Graham House (91 Kingsway, Winnipeg)
706 Lorne Avenue, Heritage Brandon.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 November 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.